Bharti AXA Smart Health Critical illness plan offers coverage to an individual after first diagnosis of critical illness. Under this plan there are two Sections- Section I provides reimbursement benefit or medical expense cover (like in case of any Mediclaim policy) up to sum insured after diagnosis while Section II provides lump sum payment up to sum insured (irrespective of hospitalization expenses) after first diagnosis. The individual opting this policy has an option to choose benefit under either Section I or Section II
Note: Under this plan, in case of multiple diagnosis the benefit can be availed only once. Also, in case of a family floater, once the claim is made by any one of the family members the plan cannot be further renewed for other members on floater basis.
Main Highlight of the plan
The benefits offered under Bharti AXA Smart Health Critical illness plan are:
- 1. It gives an individual option to choose reimbursement (under Section I) or lump sum benefit (under Section II) as critical illness benefit.
- 2. It has an option to opt for individual or family floater cover.
- 3. Discount of 5% on the premium is provided up to a maximum of 25% is provided after every claim free year.
- 4. 20 critical illnesses are covered under this plan.
Scope of cover
- 1. The individual between age 3 months up to 55 years can be covered in the plan.
- 2. The plan is available for proposer, lawful spouse and a maximum of two dependent children up to age 23 years.
- 3. Sum insured– There are three sum insured options of INR 2,00,000; INR 3,00,000 and INR 5,00,000 available in this plan.
NUMBER OF AILMENTS – The Bharti AXA Smart Health Critical illness policy offers coverage for 20 critical illnesses.
LIST OF CRITICAL ILLNESSES COVERED* –
- 1. Cancer of specified severity
- 2. First heart attack
- 3. Coronary artery disease
- 4. Open chest Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- 5. Open Heart Replacement of Heart Valves
- 6. Surgery to Aorta
- 7. Stroke resulting in permanent symptoms
- 8. Kidney failure which requires regular dialysis
- 9. Aplastic Anemia
- 10. End stage Lung disease
- 11. End stage Liver failure
- 12. Coma of specified severity
- 13. Major burns
- 14. Major organ/ bone marrow transplant
- 15. Multiple sclerosis with recurring symptoms
- 16. Fulminant hepatitis
- 17. Motor neurone disease exhibiting permanent symptoms
- 18. Primary permanent hypertension
- 19. Terminal illness
- 20. Bacterial meningitis
All the diseases mentioned above are covered after Survival of 30 days post diagnosis of critical illness.