Planning to go abroad for higher studies? Rule out the chances of unpleasant incidents, even the latent fear of it. Here’s how student travel insurance comes to your aid
I couldn’t believe my eyes until I pinched myself hard. My name was shortlisted in one of the top 5 universities in Australia. My dream of studying in the foreign land was turning true.
My bags were packed, visa and tickets were ready too, and I was all set to fly.
Yeah, Australia here I come!!!
But, as they say, you take all the possible care to make your travel and the entire journey is foolproof, but some unpleasant ones may hit hard on you like a BIG STRONG ROCK!!
In spite of my travel agent coaxing me time and again to buy a student travel insurance, I paid a deaf ear and continued to do what I wanted to…
To understand deeply, let’s get into the nerves of Student Travel Insurance Cover.
What’s the Meaning of Student Travel Insurance?
I finally landed in my dream country to pursue my aspirations. It was hardly few days that I was trying to settle myself, and I was diagnosed with Typhoid!
Hospitalization and medical expenses touched sky high in just a matter of 4 days. I went through the most disgusting feeling of borrowing money for my medical expenses from my parents who were miles away back home.
I then realized the importance of student travel insurance that my travel agent had coaxed me to buy while leaving India.
Student Travel Insurance is a type of travel insurance suitable for students who plan to go abroad for studies. It offers financial protection against any unforeseen situations during your stay in the foreign country. It provides a helping hand for medical and non-medical emergencies. It also takes care of the expenses for interruption in studies due to a valid reason. Not only this, there are many other benefits of opting for a student travel insurance.
What’s covered and what’s not in the Student Travel Insurance?
Student travel insurance offers coverage for almost everything that goes bizarre during your stay abroad mainly involving-
- Personal accidental cover causing permanent disability or death
- Medical contingencies like a sudden surgery, illness or death
- Transportation expenses in case of untimely death of the insured or for burial back home
- Emergency evacuation back home
- Expenses related to dental treatments
- Accidental injuries
- Loss of personal belongings or baggage
- Loss of passport and the expenses incurred for duplicate passport
- Return airfare of a family member visiting the insured abroad if hospitalized for more than 7 days.
- Bail amount paid to the authorities if the insured is arrested for an offence in the foreign land
- Reimbursement of paid semester fees if the insured’s education is hampered due to any medical emergency.
While student travel insurance may offer you the highest coverage for a hassle-free trip, certain conditions may not be covered.
- If you travel against the advice of your treating Physician
- Any pre-existing medical conditions
- Injury done due to adventurous sports or dangerous activities
- Intentionally done any injury to self or suicide or attempted suicide
- Stress, depression and anxiety related disorders
- Civil commotion, attempted crime or actual participation
- HIV or AIDS
- Any costs arising due to abortion, childbirth, pregnancy and miscarriage
Finally, Why Should You Buy Student Travel Insurance Policy?
Travel insurance may cover you during the beginning of the trip till the end of the trip. However, student travel insurance would cover you till you complete your studies abroad and therefore is very comprehensive in nature.
Your darling mother falls severely sick:If your close family member falls sick, severely and you wish to meet them back home, the flight expenses to and fro would wreck you badly. This is why having a student travel insurance would help you incur the expenses.
You fall sick so much so to get hospitalized:Being miles away from your loved ones during sickness can be all the more depressing, especially if there is no one to take care. Student travel insurance would help you by sponsoring a close relative’s airfare tickets to and fro simply to make you feel homely in the foreign land!
To your wildest dream your passport, cash and wallet get pickpocketed:Robbers are everywhere and travelers/tourists are the major targets often. Will you have sufficient money to get your duplicate passport without which you literally feel disabled? Student travel insurance would help you for the emergency passport replacement fees.
You break your back while exploring the mountains:A lot of co-ordination and money are required during emergency medical evacuations. If there are serious multiple injuries at times leading to death, the costs of transportation to your homeland would be borne by the insurance company.
What is the standard claim procedure?
During an emergency, you need to contact the insurance company’s helpline number or Coverfox.com in case you bought one from us. You may also contact the international assistance empaneled by the insurance companies. You would be eligible for the below assistance:
- Register a claim
- Provide 24 hours assistance
- Arrange for medical assistance
- Arrange for evacuation and repatriation services
- Coordinate with local providers
List of Insurance Companies offering Student Travel Insurance
- Reliance General’s Student Travel Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz’s Student Travel Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Student Suraksha
- ICICI Lombard’s International Student Travel Insurance
- Bharati AXA General Insurance’s International Student Travel Insurance
- Thomas Cook India- Student Travel Insurance Policy
It won’t take more than 10 minutes of your busy schedule and some money to buy you happiness in the form of Student travel insurance. Make your visit to a foreign land an exciting one while you study hard to achieve your goals. It would make sense to spend for the student travel insurance rather than shelling out oodles of dollars or pounds on any unforeseen conditions.
If you still have doubts, don’t hesitate to contact Coverfox.com for unbiased advice and top-notch after sales services!