What Makes Comparison of Travel Insurance Important?
Travel insurance plans offer coverage from all possible emergency crisis during transit. Different insurers form their plans on certain parameters. Those parameters could vary from one plan to another.
A quick comparison would help you understand if the features and benefit of your plan align well enough with your requirements and preferences.
You would be looking for a plan that is pocket-friendly at the same time provides adequate coverage for loss of baggage, trip delays, or even personal accident.
It is good to have several quotations in front of eyes, their advantages, terms and conditions. It can help you compare, shortlist and nail down the perfect policy that is suitable for you.
Key Things to Consider Before Comparing
Make sure your chosen travel insurance policy gives you the ultimate care-free journey
1. Pre-existing Medical Conditions: Check the terms that each insurance provider has about pre-existing conditions. It is ideal to opt for the insurer who accepts your condition more than anyone else. Those who don’t demand medical certificate or any documents until the time of claim can help you fasten your decision- making process.
2. Limits on Trip Duration: If you are traveling abroad, for how many consecutive days would you be covered? That’s one of the questions you need to ask yourself when comparing plans. If you exceed the pre-determined limit be even a single day, it could invalidate your insurance plan.
3. Levels of Cover: Figure out what your needs are and how much cover would serve the purpose of purchasing a travel insurance. Ensure all your priorities are covered in the policy. This makes it easier in the comparison and selection process.
4. Sports and action-packed holiday: If you are an adrenaline-junkie and engaging in risky sports or activities during your trip is on your mind, get covered for that as well. Keep an eye out for limits on chosen activities such as river rafting and scuba diving. While choosing your policy consider which policy or upgrade can get you the most for you sporty side.
5. Personal belongings: If you are negligent, your insurer could refuse to compensate upfront. Most policies only cover theft or accidental loss of cash if you were pick-pocketed or it was sneaked from your safe deposit locker in your room. If cash was lying in your hotel or on the beach while you went for a swim, you can’t make any claim.
6. Flight cancellations: You are all set to fly on a dream journey but due to illness your trip is cancelled. Your travel insurance can cover your cancellation expenses. Make sure you read the clauses mentioned in the policy document before opting for it.
7. Missed flight: Your battle with traffic congestion can be never-ending. While you are stuck in the cab or delayed train on your way to the airport, you’d end up drowning in your own frantic and perspiration. It may not be your fault if you miss a flight but ensure your insurer covers you for a new flight. Learn what is the procedure and evidences required if you have to raise a claim in such scenarios.
8. Alcohol and drugs: If you are involved in an accident while you were under the influence of alcohol and non-descriptions drugs, your insurer may not cover you. So read your policy thoroughly.
9. Exclusions: Sometimes certain destinations could be excluded from your policy. Compare policies to check if they cover destinations that you would most likely be your weekend getaway. Reviewing product disclosure statements and exclusions does help.
10. Additional benefits: Make your travel insurance policy more appealing by adding extra benefits such as free support, easy approval, hassle-free claim process, free cover for children.
Speak to our Coverfox advisory team to understand your options before settling for one.