- No cap on the room rent limit
- Fairs very well with the waiting period as compared to the industry standards
- Pricing-wise, Cigna TTK offers competitive prices on their products
- Offer a no-claim bonus up to 50% (10% bonus/discount for every claim-free year)
- Great customer service
Claim Process at Cigna TTK
There are two ways to make claim under a Health Insurance Policy: on cashless basis and on reimbursement basis. In simple terms, for making a claim on cashless basis, the treatment must be done only at a network hospital of the insurance company servicing your policy. For availing the treatment, you would have to first seek an authorization as per the procedures laid down and in the prescribed form. In case of claims on reimbursement basis, the insurance company has to be informed as per their prescribed procedures. The policyholder has to ensure that documents such as claim form, discharge summary, prescriptions and bills to be submitted for the claim on reimbursement are obtained after hospitalization.
Cigna TTK Health Insurance has a well-defined claim processing system.
Cashless Service: seeking Pre-Authorization
- Complete the pre-authorization form available at the hospital’s insurance/TPA Desk.
- Send the completed form via email or fax.
- Approved letter will be sent by the claim management team. Remember that the claim management team could send an inquiry to the hospital or you before authorization.
- In case the authorization is rejected, initiate the treatment and file for reimbursement claim.
Reimbursement Claim: Claim Submission
- Complete the necessary form and submit along with required documents, as per the policy terms and conditions.
- Necessary documents include discharge summary, prescriptions, bills etc.
- Approved letter will be sent by the claim management team. Remember that you will be answerable to any queries raised by the claim management team before the letter is issued.
- In case the claim is rejected, the reasons will be communicated by the team.
In case of any emergencies, you need to inform Cigna TTK within 24 hours of the admission. In case of planned emergencies, the notification has to reach the company 48 hours prior to the hospitalization. The claim intimation can be done via Cigna TTK's toll free number 1800-10-24462. The same could also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: If you are a Coverfox customer, you can directly reach out to us for all your claim-related issues and queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Worldwide Emergency Cover?
Cigna TTK will cover Medical Expenses of the Insured Person incurred outside India, up to limits specified in the Schedule, provided that:
- The treatment is Medically Necessary and has been certified as an Emergency by a Medical Practitioner, where such treatment cannot be postponed until the Insured Person has returned to India.
- The Medical Expenses payable shall be limited to Inpatient Hospitalization only.
- Any payment under this Benefit will only be made in India, in Indian rupees on a re-imbursement basis and subject to Sum Insured.
- The payment of any claim under this Benefit will be based on the rate of exchange as on the date of payment to the Hospital published by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and shall be used for conversion of foreign currency into Indian rupees for payment of claim. In cases, where on the date of discharge, if RBI rates are not published, the exchange rate next published by RBI shall be considered for conversion.
Why should I buy Cigna TTK Lifestyle Protection-Critical Care Plan?
Below are the features of the plan that will help you make a decision.
- Covers 15 Critical Illnesses under Basic plan
- Covers 30 Critical Illnesses under Enhanced plan
- Wide range of Sum Insured options
- Medical Second Opinion from specialists
- Customized Online Wellness Programs
- Lump Sum or Staggered Claim Payout Option
Who should opt for Cigna TTK Global Health Group Policy?
Global Health Group Policy is designed to cater to the health needs of today's mobile workforce that travels overseas regularly. It covers Indian locals and expatriates working abroad under one umbrella.
Which all hospitals are covered under Cigna TTK’s cashless network?
Cashless services are available at a network hospital. To locate a Cigna TTK network hospital near you, click here
Review of Cigna TTK Health Insurance
Cigna TTK health insurance is part of Cigna, one of the pioneers and leaders in insurance in US and are a Fortune 500 company. With some prodigious benefits on offer like No Claim Bonus up to 50%, Cigna TTK boasts of exceptional post sales service. With an improvement in the claim rejection ratio compared to its competitors and a robust network of affiliated hospitals for cashless settlement, Cigna TTK can certainly climb up to one of the Top Five insurers in India. For more details on the plans offered, please call Coverfox at 1800-209-9970.