- About Coverfox
The Surat RTO was established under the provisions of section 213 of the Motor Vehicles Act,1988. Its core function is to enforce the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, and Gujarat Motor Vehicles Act, 1989 and to abide the rules framed under these two acts.
The RTO office comes under Transport Department which is headed by the Transport Commissioner (TC) and assisted by Joint Director and OSD specializing in Enforcement, Administration and Finance in the Head office.
1. Driving License related work
2. Registration of Vehicle related work
3. Revenue Collection for the Government of Gujarat
4. Inspection of Vehicles at Check posts
5. Environment safety and pollution control
6. Road Safety initiatives