Want to get your Aadhaar Smart Card? Fret not! Read on to know how you can get one at the click of a button.
In today’s day and age, Aadhaar Card is one of the most commonly accepted proofs in India. It serves as an identity proof, address proof and age proof as well. Not just that, having an Aadhaar card also makes you eligible to various government offered subsidies. In case you have an Aadhaar card, but would not want to carry the original document with you at all times, you can always a Smart Card. A Smart Card is an easy to carry, plastic card which is an equivalent of your original card. This means that your Smart card is considered equally valid in all situations where you would be asked to produce your Aadhaar card.
Here’s how you can get your Aadhaar Smart Card online-
- Go to https://www.aadhaarsmartcard.com/
- You would see the option that says ‘Download Aadhaar Card’. Click on it
- You shall be redirected to https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number along with the CAPTCHA verification code
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the provided space
- Answer the quick survey that follows and click on ‘Verify and Download’
- A password protected document shall be downloaded on your device. The password shall be sent to your registered mobile number. You can use the same to open the document.
Voila! It’s that simple. As Aadhaar is one of the most popularly accepted documents for most procedures in India, it’s always safe to have a physical copy of it with you. Alternatively, a soft copy of the document on your mobile or email is also advised.