Have you forgotten your UAN? Do not worry, there are plenty of methods to check your EPF contribution without UAN.
Employee Provident Fund refers to the monthly contribution of money made by both employee and employer in the form of salary deductions at a specified rate. The contribution is allocated for retirement purposes of employees. At the time of retirement, employees are allowed to withdraw the corpus amount to meet their retirement expenses.
The Employee Provident Fund is governed by the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (abbreviated to EPFO). When you are employed, your employer automatically creates an EPF account on your behalf. When the EPF account is created, a Universal Account Number is generated along with a member passbook. Using the UAN, you can access your EPF account online on the official website of EPF - https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface.
The member passbook comprises of transaction details and contribution amount. You can also download the soft copy of your EPF passbook from this portal. For first-time users, the UAN has to be activated on the portal. Post activation, a member can access their account online with a registered password. This is the most convenient method of checking EPF balance with UAN. In many instances, employees are unaware of their UAN or the UAN is inactive. For such cases, employees can give either a miss call or SMS for checking their EPF balance.
How to Check EPF Balance without UAN?
Here are the steps to check EPF balance without UAN:
- Visit the official website of EPF - epfindia.gov.in
- Select the link - Click Here to Know your EPF Balance
- Select the Member Balance Heading Section
- Select your State of Residence and EPFO Office
- Enter your Employee PF Account Number (Mandatory), Name and Mobile Number
- Click on submit
- Post submission, you will be able to see your EPF balance
Note: A member can find their EPF balance without UAN number by logging in at passbook.epfindia.gov.in as well.
- The SMS service helps you to know your EPF Balance without the UAN number
- Send an SMS on the following number 7738299899
- The content of the SMS should be EPFPHO UAN ENG
- This feature is available in English, Kannada, Malayalam, Gujarati, Hindi, Bengali, etc. If you prefer information in Bengali, then type BEN instead of ENG
- Ensure that your phone number is registered on the UAN portal
Via Missed Call
You can also get details of your PF balance by giving a missed call on 011-229014016 from the mobile number registered on the UAN portal
How do I find my Universal Account Number?
- Visit the unified member portal and click on Know your UAN Status from the Important Links Section
- Enter your Member ID, Aadhaar or PAN card and proceed
- Enter your Nаmе, Dаtе оf Birth, Mоbіlе Numbеr аnd Emаіl ID
- Enter the captcha code and click the Get Authorization Pin tab
- Enter the pin received on your registered mobile number in the verification box
- Click Validate OPT and Get UAN
- Your UAN will be sent to your registered mobile number by SMS
Employee Provident Fund is an important source of income for retirement. If you are aware of your UAN, it will be easier to access the EPF balance and withdraw the same in case of an emergency.
Recommendation:Things you need to know about epf