The Critical Illness Platinum plan is advanced variant of critical illness benefit plan the Critical illness Gold and Silver plan offered by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance. This plan offers lump sum benefit post diagnosis of 15 critical illness which not only covers hospitalization expenses but also would help to overcome other debts due to expenses for treatment of critical illness. Here is a brief review of this product.
Plan variants –
Silver, Gold and Platinum
Main highlights of the plan –
The benefit is applicable in case the insured is diagnosed with any one of the 15 critical illnesses listed in the policy.
The individuals with entry age up to 65 years can be covered under this policy.
This policy offers benefit on individual basis only.
Scope of cover –
The entry age for this plan is between 5 years up to age 65 years.
Individuals with entry age above 45 years have to undergo a medical checkup before policy is issued.
Policy period- 1 year
Sum insured options –
In the range of INR 1,00,000 up to INR 50, 00,000.
Survival Period –
NUMBER OF AILMENTS–
The Critical illness Platinum policy by HDFC ERGO offers lump sum benefit if the insured is diagnosed with any one of 11 critical illnesses listed below.
Coverage and benefits –
Compared to the Gold and the Silver plans by HDFC ERGO, the Platinum health insurance plan covers maximum number of ailments. The list of ailment covered under Critical Illness Platinum benefit plan is as follows:
- Heart Attack (Myocardial Infraction)
- Coronary Artery Bypass surgery
- Benign Brain Tumor
- Parkinson's Disease
- Alzheimer's Disease
- End Stage Liver Disease
- Kidney Failure
- Major Organ / Bone Marrow Transplant
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Aorta Graft Surgery
- Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Heart Valve Replacement
Note: The diseases mentioned above under specific terms and conditions. For more details on conditions please refer the policy wording or contact Coverfox.
Waiting Period –
- A waiting period of 90 days post commencement of this policy is applicable for any claim. However, this period would not be applicable if the policy is renewed without any break.
Note: For portability cases the terms and conditions under this section would differ. Please refer the policy wording or contact Coverfox for more details.
- Death with critical illness within 30 days after diagnosis.
- Occupational diseases.
- Birth control procedures, AIDS and related diseases and illnesses.
- Treatment of mental illnesses.
- Pre-existing disease and related complications.
Note: For detail list of exclusions, please refer the policy wording.