Like many other critical illness benefit plan the Critical illness plan offered by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance offers lump sum benefit post diagnosis of critical illness irrespective of the hospitalization expenses. Given below is brief review of this product.
Plan variants –
Silver, Gold and Platinum
Main highlights of the plan –
8 critical illnesses listed in the policy are covered under this plan.
This plan is available for individuals up to age 65 years.
In this policy coverage is offered on individual basis only.
Scope of cover –
Individuals with entry age between 5 years up to age 65 years can be covered under this health insurance plan.
Pre-policy medical checkup is required for proposer with entry age above 45 years.
Policy period- 1 year
Sum insured options – In the range of INR 1,00,000 up to INR 50, 00,000.
Survival Period –
NUMBER OF AILMENTS– The Critical illness policy by HDFC ERGO offers lump sum benefit post diagnosis of 8 critical illnesses listed below.
Coverage and benefits –
For a critical illness benefit plan, it is very most important to know the illnesses covered in the policy. The list of ailment covered under Critical illness Silver benefit plan offered by HDFC ERGO are:
- Heart Attack (Myocardial Infraction)
- Coronary Artery Bypass surgery
- Kidney Failure
- Major Organ / Bone Marrow Transplant
- Multiple Sclerosis
Note: The diseases mentioned above are covered under certain set of conditions. For more details on conditions please refer the policy wording or contact Coverfox.
Waiting Period –
- For any claims under this policy, a waiting period of 90 days post commencement of this policy is applicable. This waiting period would not be applicable in case of renewal of this policy without any break,
Note: For portability cases the terms and conditions under this section would differ. Please refer the policy wording or contact Coverfox for more details.
- Death with critical illness within 30 days after diagnosis.
- Occupational diseases.
- Birth control procedures, AIDS and related diseases and illnesses.
- Treatment of mental illnesses.
- Pre-existing disease and related complications.
Note: For detail list of exclusions, please refer the policy wording.