Do you know what the advantages of buying health insurance online are? How can it benefit you in saving up money and getting the best deal? Click here to find out.
With the latest 4G internet technology in the market, internet usage has taken our country by storm. Whether you want to buy groceries, apparel, household items, gadgets, or whether you want to engage the services of any professional, internet is the marketplace for any and every kind of transaction.
The Indian health insurance sector too has redefined its market and today, almost all types of health insurance plans can be bought, renewed or compared online. Gone are the days when agents were sought for their advice on a particular plan. Today, whatever you need, the internet is right at your service. From making inquiries to buying a plan and also post-sale services, the online platform has it all.
Despite the rising popularity of online sales, some of us are still hesitant to commit to the online platform. This hesitation is because of the lack of knowledge on the benefits of buying a health plan online. Here are the reasons why buying online has its perks and is thus gaining popularity.
• Lower premiums – the first and the most appealing benefit is the lower premiums which is available only if the plan is bought online. When insurers sell their plans online, the middlemen (read: agents) are excluded from the sales process thereby cutting down on the commissions involved. Moreover, due to online filling up of forms the paperwork is reduced which also reduces the administrative costs for the company. Both these factors reduce the premium, and you benefit from lower premium rates. Furthermore, since online platform allows comparisons between the available plans, the premiums can be compared which also help in lowering the premium outgo.
• Comparison – there are multiple online aggregators present in the market which help you to see and compare health insurance plans based on your requirements. This allows you to study the various features available under the plans and the proportionate cost of the same. Thus, you can make an informed decision by selecting the plan best suited to your requirements at the best available premium.
• Convenient and time-saving – how good it is to sit in your home or office and buy the plan through your desktop or laptop! No visiting the company’s premises or waiting for your agent to pay you a visit. All you have to do is power on your computer and let your fingers do the talking. It is easy and straightforward and in a few minutes, you can quickly complete the purchase process. Isn’t it why the internet is popular because it makes our life easier?
• Pre and Post-sales services – just buying online is not easy, so are the pre and post sales services offered by the insurer. Insurers provide you with a premium calculation option where you can determine your premiums before you buy the plan. The plan’s details are available for your research, and there is also a live chat service for assisting you with all your queries. Regarding post-sales services, the companies also send across the premium receipts, soft copy of your policy bond and premium renewal reminders online thus making your purchase experience well.
• Overcomes geographical limitations – this is the best thing about the online medium of purchase. You don’t have to worry about the vicinity of the insurer’s office as you can visit it virtually. Thus, buying a plan or servicing it can be done from any corner of the world simply through the online website of the company. This overcomes the geographical barriers making the buying process easier.
Buying a health insurance plan online has many benefits and so many individuals, even the more conservative ones, have resorted to the online platform. It is convenient and also secured and above all, it saves our precious time and money.