The critical illness plan offered by TATA AIG offers lump sum compensation on first diagnosis of the condition. The compensation paid gives added security to the insured and help him overcome financial crises apart from the hospitalization expense which arises post diagnosis of critical illness. Here is a brief review of the product on the basis of benefits offered.
Plan variants –
Main highlights of the plan –
The benefits offered under critical illness policy offered by TATA AIG are:
11 critical illnesses are covered under this health insurance plan.
This plan is available for individuals up to age 65 years.
For valid claim under this plan an option to have second opinion to confirm diagnosis of critical illness is available.
Scope of cover –
Entry age for this policy is between age 18 years up to age 65 years.
Policy period- 1 year
Sum insured options –
In the range of INR 2,50,000 to INR 15,00,000.
Survival Period –
NUMBER OF AILMENTS–
The Critical illness policy by TATA AIG offers benefit post diagnosis of 11 critical illnesses.
Coverage and benefits –
In case of critical illness benefit plan it is most important to know the conditions covered under the policy. The list of ailment
covered under Critical illness benefit plan offered by TATA AIG Health Insurance are:
- First Heart Attack of specified severity
- Cancer of specified severity (Exclude Skin cancer)
- Stroke resulting in Permanent Symptoms
- Open Chest CABG
- Kidney Failure Requiring Regular Dialysis
- Major Organ / Bone Marrow Transplant
- Total Blindness
- Coma of specified severity
- Major Burns
- Multiple Sclerosis with persisting symptoms
- Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
Note: The diseases mentioned above are covered under certain set of conditions. For more details on conditions please refer the policy wording.
In the event of diagnosis of critical illness it seems to be important to have a second opinion. The critical illness plan offered by TATA AIG provides the insured benefit of having a second opinion post diagnosis of one of the listed ailments.
Waiting Period –
- For any claims under this policy, a waiting period of 90 days post commencement of the policy is applicable.
Note: For portability cases the terms and conditions under this section would differ. Please refer the policy wording or contact Coverfox for more details.
Permanent Exclusions –
- Death with critical illness within 30 days after diagnosis.
- Occupational diseases.
- Birth control procedures, AIDS and related diseases and illnesses.
- Treatment of mental illnesses.
- Pre-existing disease and related complications.
Note: For detail list of exclusions, please refer the policy wording.