Are you looking for a health insurance policy for your senior citizen parents? Gift them the Star Health Insurance policy with its unique features and benefits.
Health insurance policy is not an option, it's now a necessity. And the relevance of health insurance policy increases with growing age. Today, many youngsters are concerned about their parents’ healthcare requirements, especially when parents become senior citizens. Hence, health insurance for senior citizens can come to your aid during a medical emergency. Ideally, you should invest in the senior citizens' health plan as early as possible, so that your senior citizen parents can avail health benefits in the later stage of life. Health insurance for senior citizens is exclusively designed for senior citizens who want to meet high medical costs by paying a yearly premium. Besides, if you are someone who has just entered the second inning of life, here are a few things you should know about health insurance for senior citizens.
Benefits offered under senior citizen health insurance
- Annual health check-ups
- Hassle-free claim settlement
- Tax benefits on health insurance premiums
- Covers daycare costs that arise due to medical treatments such as chemotherapy, dialysis, etc.
- Pre and post-hospitalisation expenses are covered.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered post waiting period.
- Cashless hospitalisation benefit is available for more than 24 hours of hospitalisation.
- Ambulance expenses are covered.
Star Health Insurance - Senior Citizens Health Insurance policy
Star Health Insurance company has always believed in using the resources to offer excellent customer services. Keeping in mind the suitability and comfort of its nation-wide customers, the company has launched health insurance for senior citizens. Star Health’s Senior Citizens policy is a complete health insurance plan that covers medical costs due to injury, illness, ailment, disease or accident. Senior citizens need to have appropriate health insurance as they require sufficient coverage all times. Star Health insurance for Senior Citizens is one of the most preferred health insurance plans as it covers pre-existing medical conditions from the second policy year.
Key features of Star Health Insurance Senior Citizens Policy
Daycare treatment: The policy covers expense specific daycare procedures that would otherwise require hospitalisation for a minimum of 24 hours.
Post hospitalisation expenses: Equivalent to 7% of the hospitalization expenses comprising of Nursing Charges, Surgeon / Consultant fees, Diagnostic charges, Medicines and drugs expenses, subject to a maximum limit.
Cooling off period: The policy has a cooling period of 30 days for all claims, except claims arising due to accidental injuries.
Specific illness: The policy covers certain specific diseases for 24 months. These include Glaucoma, Gall Bladder, cataract and Pancreatic diseases and treatments.
Pre-existing conditions: You can raise a claim for pre-existing medical conditions, post 12 months from the policy start date.
No medical screening: No pre-acceptance medical testing is required to buy Star Health Insurance for Senior Citizens.
Benefits of Star Health Insurance for Senior Citizens
- The insurance company will bear Boarding, nursing and room expenses. Such expenses paid are equal to 1% of the sum assured, this limit varies based on the sum insured.
- Up to 2% of the whole sum insured is provided for the ICU charges.
- The fees of the medical practitioner, consultation, surgeon, anaesthetist and specialist are provided per hospitalisation, up to 25% of the total sum assured.
- The charges of anaesthesia, blood, pacemaker, oxygen, and operation theatre are provided per hospitalisation up to 50% of the total sum assured.
- Post-hospitalisation charges for consultation, medicines, surgery, drugs and diagnostics equivalent to 7% are provided . However, it should be recommended by a medical practitioner.
- Ambulance charges are covered up to Rs. 600 to Rs. 1500 per hospitalisation. The cap limit for this benefit is Rs. 1200 to Rs. 3000 per policy term. This is based on the sum insured chosen by the policyholder.
- The term of Star Health Insurance for Senior Citizens is one year.
Other value-added benefits
Portability: You have an option of transferring the policy to another insurer after the waiting period. The policy allows you to do so without losing accrued benefits.
Income tax benefit: You can receive tax benefits for the premiums paid towards this health insurance for senior citizens under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Sum Insured enhancement: You can apply for an increased sum insured at the time of policy renewal. However, the insurance company may consider the request, if there is no claim made during the policy term.
Free-look period: For any reason, if you decide not to proceed with Star Health Insurance for Senior Citizens, you can return the policy to the company. The company offers a free-look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy document.
Eligibility of Star Health Insurance Senior Citizens Policy
- The policy provides coverage for senior citizens between the age of 60 to 75 years.
- The policy offers lifelong renewal to individuals who enter into the policy within a specified entry age.
- No pre-insurance medical examination is required to buy Star Health Insurance for Senior Citizens.
Why is it important to buy health insurance for senior citizens?
Stress-free healthcare: Old age makes people more prone to diseases and illnesses. Though falling ill is evident with ageing, a health insurance plan ensures that all medical expenses are taken care of without a hassle.
Saves you from debt crisis: Sometimes, an extensive illness can result in a debt. If an older and retired person doesn't have health insurance, then the breadwinner of the family will have to pay for all the medical bills from his/her pocket. This makes it difficult to manage household expenses and pay off loans, if any.
Different people have different health insurance requirements, depending on their age. As far as old age is concerned, it is challenging to buy an affordable health insurance plan. But with Star Health Insurance for Senior Citizens, you need not have to worry. The plan provides complete health insurance solutions to live a healthy life in your golden years.
Recommended : Best Mediclaim Policies for Senior Citizen