The Health Insurance Policy can be claimed through two ways: Cashless settlement at the network hospital and Re-imbursement after the treatment/hospitalization. However, in both scenarios, an early intimation to the insurance company is mandatory. A pre-approval needs to be in place for a planned hospitalization.
For Cashless Service:
- At the time of hospitalization, submit the completed Pre-Authorization form at the TPA desk
- The TPA representative will then forward the form to Apollo Munich for an approval along with necessary doctor’s report
- The request is then reviewed by the Claim Experts at Apollo Munich and an approval is then issued. Please note that the insurance company can raise queries, if required
- In case of rejection of the authorization, initiate the required treatment and claim for reimbursement later
For Re-imbursement of claim:
- Post hospitalization, complete the claim form and submit the same to the insurance company along with other documents like Discharge Summary issued by the hospital, Prescriptions, Bills and Invoices for medicines/treatments, etc.
- In case, insurance company needs any further clarification/information, it will be duly notified to you
- Similarly, if the claim is rejected, a detailed rejection letter will be shared with you along with the reasons for denial
Apollo Munich takes pride in their claim settlement process. They claim to have settled 95% of the claims within 30 days.
Note: If you are a Coverfox customer, you can directly reach out to us for all your claim-related issues and queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of your health card?
A health card indicates the contact details and the contact numbers of the TPA accompanied by your policy details. In case of a medical emergency, you can call on these numbers for enquiries, clarifications and for seeking any kind of support. In addition, you need to show your health card at the time of admission into the hospital.
Is Health check up offered by Apollo Munich?
Yes, at the end of a block of every continuous 2/3/4 years (As per variant opted) during which you have been insured with Apollo Munich. However, their maximum liability will be subject to 1% of the sum insured for the policy year or the succeeding policy years (whichever is lower).
Why should I buy a critical illness cover?
With speedily fluctuating demographics and lifestyles, incidence of critical illness is on the upsurge in India. With increase in life expectancy and prolonged nature of critical illness there is a necessity of surplus funds to meet the expenses of higher medical overheads for treating such critical illnesses. Apollo Munich policy protects against 8 most common critical illnesses where an insured is reimbursed by a lump sum payout.
How do I find out which Hospitals are part of a given insurance network?
You can refer to the list of empaneled hospitals on their website www.apollomunichinsurance.com or the list provided in the guidebook or welcome kit. Simultaneously, you can also call their Toll Free Line at 1800-102-0333 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional assistance you may need. To locate an Apollo Munich network hospital near you, click here.
Please note that, as an esteemed Coverfox customer, you are welcome to reach out to us as we are obliged to assist you in every possible scenario.
Review of Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- 80% of Apollo Munich's prevailing customers renew their policies each year
- Over 95% of the claims being settled within 30 days from the point of initiation of the claim with 15 days being the average claim settlement period
- Cashless authorizations happening within 2 hours from the point of claim intimation
With such inspiring statistics, the company has the determination, the recognition and the assets to upraise itself on top of the health insurance domain in India.
Do contact Coverfox at 1800-209-9970 if you are looking to buy a new Health Plan or considering porting from your current insurer.