What is Engine protection.......
The engine is the heart of the bike, helping it function smoothly. While a regular comprehensive insurance cover does not provide coverage for engine repairs and replacement, an engine protect add-on cover does. You can purchase the engine protection add-on cover along with your regular bike insurance policy to get additional protection. Read on to know all about engine protect add on cover in two wheeler insurance.
What is engine protect add on cover in two wheeler insurance?
Engine protection add on is a car insurance add on you can purchase along with your comprehensive insurance policy by paying additional premium. The add-on provides financial assistance in case the engine requires repair or replacement due to oil leakage, lubricant leakage, or hydrostatic lock, etc.
It is important to understand that the repair or replacement cost of the engine can turn out to be quite expensive and you will have to spend the same out of your pocket since the insurer would not provide cover for the same. Engine can be damaged easily due to water ingression due to flooding or even due to an accident. Hence, engine protect add on is an essential add on that you can purchase along with your bike insurance policy.
For instance, due to heavy rains, your engine might get damaged, requiring replacement. This is when the engine protection add on cover will pay for the repair or replacement of the engine.
How does engine protection add on cover work?
In case the car’s engine or gearbox is damaged due to lubricant/oil or coolant leakage or due to water ingression, then you need to file a claim with the insurance company. The insurance company will check the engine and on verification will compensate you for the repair or replacement cost.
Coverage provided under engine protection add on cover
- Provides financial coverage in case of water ingression or leakage of oil or lubricant oil inside the engine
- Pays for physically damaged parts of the engine and gearbox due to hydrostatic lock
Exclusions of engine protection add on cover
Given below are the exclusions of engine protection add on cover in bike insurance:
- Repair or replacement of the engine caused due to regular wear and tear
- Delay in intimation of claim made to the insurance company
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving without a valid driving license
- Repair or replacement of the engine done without informing the insurance company
- Claims made for parts that are already covered under the manufacturer’s warranty
Purchasing engine protection add-on cover is recommended for every bike owner, especially the ones who own high end bikes since the engine costs of such bikes are usually higher. Also, it is highly recommended for bike owners residing in flood prone areas or areas which face water logging issues frequently during rains.