- About Coverfox
The Madhya Pradesh Transport Department ensures the enforcement of the provisions of section 213 of Motor Vehicles Act 1988, in Madhya Pradesh (MP).
The Madhya Pradesh Transport Department enforces the provisions of Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1924 (Amended 1993) and Rules and collection of Tax. Thus, the primary function is the registration of vehicles, issuance of driving licenses and permits, motor vehicle tax and enforcement of vehicles.
The Madhya Pradesh Transport Department is mainly involved in the following functions and duties:
1. Online Permits Application and Objection System for vehicles- Issuance of permits to different vehicles, permit for stage carriage, goods carriage, authorization, special permit, education permanent permit, taxi all Madhya Pradesh (MP), , city permit, AIT-54, duplicate permit, cancellation of permit.
2. Online Driving License Application and Appointment System- Issuance of new, duplicate, endorsement and permanent license. Backlog entry for paper license, re-test appointment for the application of license.
3. Online Tax Payment System- Collection of tax for new vehicles, and other road taxes.
4. Dealer Point Enrollment System- For dealers to register vehicles online.
5. Online Fitness/NOC- Issuance of fresh, renewal and duplicate of Fitness/NOC for the vehicles.
6. Online RC, renewal, and reissue of Motor Vehicle- Issuance of RC book, transfer of ownership, change of address, issuance of duplicate certification of registration, endorsement of hire purchase agreement, termination of hire purchase agreement under the registration of Motor Vehicle.
|RTO Locations||RTO Code||RTO Locations||RTO Code|
The Madhya Pradesh RTO functions as per the rules of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 that carries out the process of vehicle registration for vehicles running in the state. An individual is not permitted to drive a motor vehicle in MP unless the vehicle has been registered at the MP RTO.
Documents required for registration of motor vehicle at MP RTO
Procedure for registration of a motor vehicle at MP RTO
As per Rule 80 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, a registration number is given to the application on verification of the above submitted documents. Fancy registration number is given to the applicant through an auction. Also, additional charge has to be paid for getting the desired fancy number.
The transfer of vehicle ownership can be done at the MP RTO on submitting the below listed documents.
To freely drive a motor vehicle in Madhya Pradesh, it is essential for an individual to get a vehicle insurance. There are two types of vehicle insurance an individual can buy to insure his vehicle as per the rules of the MVA, 1988. A third party vehicle insurance insures an individual against damages caused to a third party, whereas a comprehensive vehicle insurance provides coverage against damages caused to the vehicle, driver, third party or property.