In case of an accident or a vehicle breakdown, the insurance company provides the needed assistance to get the vehicle back to a normal state. The policyholders can also avail cashless repair facility to repair the insured vehicle. In case the vehicle is repaired in a non-network garage, the reimbursement can be claimed for the cost of repair from the insurance company.
The claims can be registered and tracked online using the ‘Lodge a Motor Claim’ service on the official website. However, the service only handles accidental claims as of now.
Claim Process for Accident/Breakdown
In case of an accident, follow the below-stated steps to register your claim:
- Take note of the vehicle details of any other vehicle involved in the accident.
- Note down the contact details of the witnesses if any.
- Call on the toll-free number of ICICI Lombard, share the details of the accident, and get the claim registration number from the claim executive.
- The claim executive will also provide details of the documents that need to be submitted to process the claims.
- File an FIR at your nearest police station in case of theft, major damages, or bodily injury.
Settlement of Claims
- After registering the claim, the Customer Service Manager (CSM) will get in touch with you within one day of making a claim.
- Submit the required documents to the insurance company and get them verified with the original documents.
- After assessment, the CSM will get an estimate of the repairs needed and will approve the same.
- In case of repairs done at the cashless garage, the insurance company will settle the payment with the network garage.
- The CSM will ask you for any additional payments that need to be made by you.
Cashless Garage Network -The Company has a network of around 1700+ garages.