Buying car insurance from Coverfox is simple
Upto 75%* discount. Get policy in 5 minutes.
Already Bought from Coverfox?
3 Day Express Claim Service FREE
We pick your car, get it repaired & drop it back.
3000+ Cashless Garages
Never worry about payments
What is roadside assistance

What is Roadside Assistance (RSA)?

As the name suggests, roadside assistance provides on-the-ground assistance in case your vehicle breaks down in the middle of the road. Be it a minor accident like tyre puncture, jump start, a 24x7 roadside assistance is an excellent rider to be added to your comprehensive motor Insurance policy. Since it is an add-on rider option, it can be availed at the cost of additional premium payment.

What is Covered?

  • Dead Battery - This is applicable in case your vehicle malfunctions on the road due to a faulty/dead/depreciated battery. It includes paying for all labour/conveyance costs.
  • Duplicate Keys - In case you misplace/lose your vehicle keys in the middle of your journey, RSA will not only provide pickup/delivery of your spare keys but also the cost of technicians required to unlock your vehicle.
  • Tyre Puncture - RSA provides help in case of flat tyre. This benefit covers the cost of technicians required to replace the tyre.
  • Repairs - Additional minor repairs arising out of random instances are also covered.
  • Towing Charges - In case your vehicle is severely damaged and is in urgent need of a garage, this cover provides towing facilities.
  • Messenger Services - In case of an emergency where you are required to convey an urgent message to your family, this cover provides such a facility.
  • Medical Co-ordination - In case of an accident-related medical emergency, this cover facilitates the necessary coordination with respect to transportation to the nearest hospital.
  • Fuel Assistance - This cover facilitates the arrangement of fuel of up to 5 litres to a location you are stuck at.

What is the limit and what is not Covered?

  • RSA is not accounted as a claim, it can be utilised up to 4 times in a year
  • Fuel assistance can be availed 2 times in a policy period
  • Drunk driving or driving without a valid license
  • Not abiding by traffic rules and regulations

Who should take Roadside Assistance Cover?

  • If your vehicle is less than 5 years old, it is advisable to purchase an RSA cover.
  • If you are a frequent traveller via car/bike, it is a must for you to purchase an RSA cover.

Recommended Link:Does Your Car Need The Engine Protection Add-On?