In the arsenal of bulky, big and powerful cruisers, the Indian Motorcycles have a slightly smaller model named Scout, which has a equally potent engine, and capabilities of its elder siblings. Running in Indian markets since 1919 the Indian Scout has a significant fan following in the market due to its exclusive styling and enhanced capabilities.
- Indian Scout is a perfect example of how retro modern should be. The bike has contemporary designing with a modern touch, which is taking the legacy of the company further
- The instrument cluster has an analogue speedo with a digital screen that shows swappable readouts for time, engine temperature, rpm and more
- The stripped-down look is accentuated with instrumentation consists of just one round pod with a traditional analog speedometer and a digital tachometer display
- Due to its throwback styling, it was also imperative that the Scout not wear a skinny front tire, as is the current norm
- The overall dimensions of the bike measure 2311 mm X 880 mm X 635 mm (L X W X H) and the wheelbase measure 1562 mm
Power & Performance:
- The bike is evolved for giving a thrilling experience to the rider and thus appointed with a massive engine that gives massive power and torque output.
Fuel Economy (kmpl)
Braking & Handling:
- With telescopic fork suspension at front and dual shocks at rear results in a bump-free ride for the rider
- The braking efficiency is ensured through single 1 Piston disc brake at front and single 2 Piston disc brake at the rear.
- The ground clearance of 135 mm and tyre size measuring 130/90-16 72H at front and 150/80-16 71H at rear further helps in improving the performance of the bike
- The rake keeps the wide front tire from feeling heavy and the wheelbase and tire width help prevent the small bike from feeling nervous at higher speeds
What To Opt For?
- Due to the superb performance of the bike there are fair chances of accidents on road, therefore, third party cover should be taken
- A significant Sum insurance will definitely be a wise decision for a bike of such high end segment
- The bike comes with futuristic security measures like keyless entry system to avoid any mishap despite that one must take anti-theft cover