Another masculine cruiser from the American motorcycle manufacturer, the Chieftain has spiced up the Indian market with its explicit capabilities in a significant manner. Being placed in the premium group the cruiser is easy to ride and have capabilities to give you a wow feel.
Despite sharing its design cues with Indian Chief Classic and Chief Vintage, the cruiser does not lose out on individuality
- The massive front fascia with those large skirted curvy fenders gives it a distinct styling character that is typical of the Indian brand
- The bike includes fat front forks, the LED turn indicators, a computer-like ignition on switch and, of course, the chrome engine and twin exhausts
- The electrically adjustable windshield helps in dealing with changing temperatures and does a nice job of deflecting the wind so one can enjoy the awesome stereo that comes standard on this cruiser
- The overall dimensions of the bike measure 2571 mm X 1022 mm X 660 mm (L X W X H) and the wheelbase measure 1668 mm that results in improved stability
Power & Performance:
Aside from its sheer size and the long list of features, the Thunderstroke 111 engine too doesn’t fail to impress either. And it is quite commendable considering that it is the first motor built by Indian Motorcycle in 70 years.
Fuel Economy (kmpl)
Braking & Handling:
- The Indian Chieftain is a bulky and powerful bike and for that four-piston 300mm disc up front and an equal sized disc with 2-piston calliper at the back does the job fairly
- A lot of the comfort comes through the handle bars, switchgear as well as the pedals that are well within reach and you don’t have to stretch far out
- The large electronically adjustable wind shield also ensures that you can go on for hours without feeling fatigued
- With a ground clearance of 140 mm for such a big bike the ground clearance is less and the underbelly scrapes over large bumps.
What To Opt For?
- With an engine displacement measuring 1811cc, it is essential that one must opt a zero depreciation cover for Indian Chieftain
- The manufacturer has installed significant security measures like keyless entry but still having an anti-theft cover will be a wise decision
- ·A comprehensive policy for the bike with a third party cover is again a must for such huge bike