- About Coverfox
The Transport Department is set with the objective of enforcement of the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
The Rajasthan Transport Department enforces the provisions of Motor Vehicles Act and Rules and collection of Tax. Thus, the primary function is the registration of vehicles, issuance of driving licenses and permits, motor vehicle tax and enforcement of vehicles.
The Rajasthan Transport Department is mainly involved in the following functions and duties:
1. Registration of Motor Vehicle - Trade Certificate, Temporary Registration, Permanent Registration, Issuance of Renewal and Duplicate Registration Copy, Ownership Transfer, Address Change, Reassignment, No Objection Certificate, Diplomatic Vehicles, Number Reservation, Registration Codes, Registration Display are few of the functions under Registration of Motor Vehicle.
2. Issue of driving and conductor licenses – Issuance of learner license and permanent license. Issuance of renewal and duplicate license and international driving permit.
3. Issue of permits for goods and Passenger vehicles - Issuance of permits to Autorickshaw, Cabs - Luxury Cabs, Maxi Cab, Radio Cabs, City Cabs, Prepaid Taxi. Issuance of Temporary Permit, Private Service Vehicles, Education Institution Buses, Goods Carriage Permit, etc.
4. Collection of Motor vehicle taxes - Collection of various tax - Quarterly, Life time, Green Tax, Composite Tax, Border Tax, etc. Looking into Tax Exemptions matters.
5. Enforcement of Motor Vehicle Acts and Rules – To ensure that the provisions under the Motor Vehicles Act is enforced.
6. Road safety measures – Enforcement of traffic rules and regulations.
7. Vehicular pollution control measures – Checking noise and air pollution. Enforcing rules and regulation to maintain the same.
|RTO Locations||RTO Code||RTO Locations||RTO Code|
|Bikaner||RJ07||Ramganj Mandi, Kota||RJ33|
|Sri Ganganagar||RJ13||Balotra, Barmer||RJ39|
|Kota||RJ20||Abu road, Sirohi||RJ46|
|Sawai Madhopur||RJ25||Shahpura, Bhilwara||RJ52|